Sunday, January 18, 2009

Cream Cheese Potato Soup

I love blogs that share new recipes, this is my favorite soup recipe- It has such a great taste to it. I made it the other night and every time I make it I love it all over, I love the taste of dill in it. Sorry I didn't take any pictures..... but make it and enjoy.

Cream Cheese Potato Soup

2 cans chicken broth
4 TBS butter
4 TBS flour
16 oz cream cheese
1 TBS dill weed
1/2 tsp pepper
3 cups shredded hash browns (I use the frozen hash browns)
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 1/2-3 cups milk
1 cup shredded carrots
1 tsp salt

In a large saucepan, combine broth and hash browns. Heat to a boil and then reduce to simmer, simmer for 5 minutes. In a large pot, melt the butter, add the onion and shredded carrots. Simmer for 3 minutes. Stir in the flour and make a roux. Cook for 1 minute. Add the mill and stir until thickened, add the cream cheese. Wisk to blend in. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute. Add the broth mixture and seasonings. Cook for 5 minutes.

0 comments: